06 décembre 2006

The Avon FanLit Fan's Choice Awards

Santa Cleopatra!

I won an award. Don't remember the last time I won something, and I'm not entirely sure I've won anything for writing since I was in high school...

In any case, "Good Godwin!", my AFL submission from round 3, has been awarded "The Comeuppance: Best portrayal of someone getting what they deserved" in the Avon FanLit Fan's Choice Awards.

I must say I'm rather pleased, particularly as it was agony to write. When I submitted it I disliked it intensely, finding flaws in every passage.

Now, with the passage of time, I've come to be slightly less critical of it. Still, might have to get back in there and tweak it a bit...


Please have a look at the other winners -- the stories are fantastic. There were several I missed the first go-round so I have some catching up to do!

Once you've had a gander, by all means head over to
Fanlit Forever where many of the winning authors -- and a slew of other equally talented ones -- are continuing to post their work as part of the ongoing challenges set there.

Congratulations to all my fellow winners -- all the more reason to persevere, wouldn't you say?

5 Comments:

At 20:38, Blogger Beverley Kendall said...

Congratulations Rebecca. Way to go!

 
At 20:57, Blogger Rebecca de Courcy said...

Thank you!

Congratulations to you, too, Alice, for "Scalawag!"

 
At 17:16, Blogger Pam Skochinski said...

Hey -- I found you! Congrats!

 
At 17:18, Blogger lacey kaye said...

Congratulations, both of you! I read both entries and you ladies totally deserved your awards.

 
At 02:37, Blogger Lenora Bell said...

Congrats! I loved Good Godwin and it just gets better and better with subsequent readings.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home